Monday, June 29, 2009

Daring Fireball: Regarding the WSJ's Report That Steve Jobs Had a Liver Transplant

Check out this website I found at daringfireball.net

From the minute I saw the 'Steve Jobs had a liver transplant story' my spidy senses were telling me this was some form of too convenient disclosure BS from Apple. Regarding Jobs health (and therefore, what else?) I believe Apple plays fast and loose with governance rules on disclosure. And gets away with it. What's happening with CEO's of public companies is material. Anyone who argues these are private matters is missing both the importance of the CEO role (could Jobs be any more important?) and the transparency obligations associated with being 'public'.

Posted via web from Jim's posterous

No comments:

Leadership Smeadership

Okay. I know it’s a settings thing. Sometime, a long, long time ago – probably when leadership was being invented – I must have indicat...