Saturday, December 6, 2008

CEO Xmas letter and speech on Google

Yesterday I posted a (possible) CEO xmas party speech or it could have been a Christmas letter. I did it in response to the increase I saw in referrals from Google based on people searching for "xmas letter" or "Christmas speech".

Here's a screen capture from Sitemeter, the web analytics tool I use. It shows some of yesterdays referrals to the Boardroom Metrics CEO blog. More than half of them are looking for information on either a Christmas letter or Xmas speech.

Key point: this is search marketing.

Understand what customers and potential customers are looking for (in this case CEO's or their assistants).

Be there (blogging, website, youtube, other, tags, keywords, etc), when they're looking for it.

There is no more efficient way to market.



Here's the post with the letter or speech from yesterday.

No comments:

Leadership Smeadership

Okay. I know it’s a settings thing. Sometime, a long, long time ago – probably when leadership was being invented – I must have indicat...